Email marketers had better adapt now to Millennials' attitudes and behavior, as they represent the "new normal," says the Direct Marketing Association.
DMA surveyed over 1,200 consumers and found:
- Millennials prefer pictures in emails and are correspondingly less enthusiastic about text.
- Millennials, nevertheless, are twice as likely as older consumers to read long emails.
- Millennials are better disposed to personalization than older consumers.
- Millennials are more likely to be tolerant of senders they don’t recognize than older consumers.
- Millennials are less likely to unsubscribe from marketing emails than older consumers.
- Millennials are more likely than older consumers to have two email addresses, and are more likely to have a dormant or "ghost" account.
Registration provider Eventbrite last year surveyed 340 event organizers about their email marketing practices. The organizers participat...
Once upon a time, sales reps could send a pithy email to an executive and actually get an appointment. But sales reps overdid a good thing....
Marketing events demands great storytelling. But too often story takes a back seat. Key ideas get sidetracked and important details omitte...